Domaine Wardy's vineyards are spread throughout the Bekaa Valley, a plateau with altitudes of 900 to 1,400 meters and a fertile variety of soils. This makes the grapes distinctive and we bring out their full flavour by reducing the yield to ensure each grape gets all the nutrients it needs. And since we own 80% of our vineyards and strictly supervise the remaining 20% under contract, we have complete control over every detail.
At Domaine Wardy, each terroir is different. This forms the grounds for the perfect conditions for diverse varieties of red and white grapes:
Plain alluvial and clay terroir (Zahle)
Hill slopes gravel and clay terroir (Kfarzabad)
Terraced calcareous clay terroir (Bhoucha)
These terroirs are the birthplace of wines that are full bodied or have a subtle acidic twist or are smooth and not very dry depending on the type of soil and grape.